Drone Day 2018 happened on the 26th of May. I discovered it existed because of Ablaut & co’s release. Here, we play a diverse selection spanning 42 years.
I’ve got too many drone tracks to play, so there will be a second episode dedicated to the event!
Make sure you check out Wires for Empathy’s beautiful trailer and support its production if you have the means and the will!
- Boards of Canada - I Saw Drones (Geogaddi, Warp Records, 2002, Scotland)
- Ablaut, Windspace, Lighthugger, Ambire Seiche - Drone Day 2018 (Drone Day 2018, not on label, 2018, Netherlands & China / USA / England / USA) – CC album on Bandcamp
- Maryanne Amacher - Living sound (recording of the installation “Music for Sound-Joined Rooms”, not on label, 1980, USA)
- Annette Vande Gorne - Tao Métal (Tao, Empreintes DIGITALes, 1993, Belgium)
- Wendy Atkinson - What Came Before (The Last Fret, not on label, 2015, Canada)
- Catherine Christer Hennix - The Electric Harpsichord (The Electric Harpsichord, Die Schachtel, 2010 (recorded 1976), Sweden & USA)
- Nine Inch Nails - 2 Ghosts I (Ghosts I-IV, The Null Corporation, 2008, USA) – CC album on the Internet Archive